I’m a Data/Software Engineering person who likes to wear a lot of different professional hats of all sorts of shapes and sizes. My professional experience is in the computer vision space, but I’ve natural language processing, performance engineering, and cloud ops. This is my blog where I talk about stuff in the tech space that excites me.
I’m currently on the job market, so check out my résumé for contact info if anything on this blog catches your eye.
When I’m not working, I’m making video games, iOS apps, or just riding my longboard around town. Feel free to shoot me an email at the address if you’ve got a cool project that fits my skillset, I like talking shop.
Once I get my writing into a more regular pattern, I’ll set up a mailing list and/or an RSS feed to keep people in the loop. For now, I’ve got much more to learn than I have to share.
I love getting email from real people who have real feedback about what I say and what I make. In an effort to minimize plugging my own stuff on social media, go ahead and send me an email if you didn’t find this blog via Reddit/HN/Lobsters/Slashdot.
- Jaypeg: improving my Go programming skills by building an image host
- A recommender system for arXiv in < 500 lines of Python, and other lies I tell myself
- Thoughts on disrupting the triple payer system
- R is a joy if you treat it like awk
- Pathfinding in Games, Part 1: Linear Quadtrees with Level Differences
- On the practicality of running an AI Gym over a network socket